Jewish Chicken Soup
People tried to get sick just in order to get it (true story), here is a recipe for the legendary Jewish Chicken Soup. read more
1. In accessing the Site (which shall include www.rootsoffood.com, and ), you agree to do so only for your own personal, non-commercial use and in accordance with these Terms.
2. The Site is owned and operated by Roots of Food on behalf of Amit Rabin. Roots of Food is a Sole Trader registered at the Chamber of Commerce in the Netherlands under the number 61454427. Please read the Terms carefully as they set out your rights and obligations and the terms on which we makes the Site available to you. They also provide information on how you can submit material and how this will be used.
3. Visitors to the Site just wishing to view content do not need to register. However, any use of the Site (including, but not limited to, viewing content) constitutes your acceptance of these Terms, which take effect the moment you first use the Site. If these Terms are not accepted in full, you should not access the Site and should stop using it immediately. We reserve the right to change the Terms at any time by posting changes online and it is your responsibility to refer to and comply with the most up to date Terms on accessing the Site. Your continued use of the Site after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of the Terms as modified.
4. Unless otherwise stated, you may not copy, reproduce, republish, download, post, store (including in any other website), distribute, transmit, broadcast, commercially exploit or modify in any way any of the Site’s material or content (including other Contributions or any advertising or sponsorship) or permit or assist any third party to do the same.
5. You agree to only use the Site for lawful purposes, in a manner which does not improperly infringe the rights of, or restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the Site by any third party. Such restriction or inhibition includes, but is not limited to, conduct which is libelous, in breach of anyone’s privacy or which may harass, cause real distress or inconvenience to any person and the transmission of obscene or offensive content or interruption of the normal flow of dialogue within the Site. We reserve the right to screen, filter and/or monitor content for this purpose.
6. The Site may include links to third party web sites (“Third Party Sites”) from time to time. You acknowledge and agree that we will not be responsible for the availability of the Third Party Sites and will not be responsible or liable for any content or services from the Third Party Sites. Your accessing of the Third Party Sites is at your own discretion and risk. These Third Parties Sites may have their own terms and conditions of use which you may be required to comply with. Please read such terms and conditions of use to ensure you are willing and able to comply with them.
8. If you use any functionality this Site makes available that allows people to contact you or leave comments, you are accepting these may be abusive, untrue or unpleasant. Please be careful when using any messaging and do not reveal personal information such as your home or work contact details, your last name or where you live.
9. You release us from all claims, damages and causes of action or liabilities which may arise as a result of your entering and/or using the information of the Site;
10. Without exception, you will indemnify and hold us and our employees harmless from all responsibility for any loss of personal property whilst entering and/or using the information of the Site or for any injuries or damages you sustain or, or that anyone affiliated with or connected with you in any way may sustain, in connection with or resulting directly or indirectly from your entering and/or using the information of the Site;
11. We reserve the right to modify, suspend or discontinue the Site or any part of it (including the availability of any features of the Site) at any time and without notice or liability to you. We are entitled to suspend or terminate your access to any part of the Site at any time if you breach the Terms or for technical reasons.
1. “Contribution” includes all content and materials provided to or uploaded to the Site by visitors to the Site, such content and materials including (but not limited to) videos, clips, pictures, recipes, reviews, comments, data posting, competition entries, blog entries, forum comments or comments, content and/or materials made available via the Site’s social media platform(s), and all other user generated material, which will be held by us.
2. You agree and guarantee that any Contribution you provide or upload is original to you and does not infringe the copyright or any other rights of any other person. You must obtain any prior consent necessary for you to provide the Contribution to us. You agree and confirm that all facts expressed by you in any Contribution are true to the best of your knowledge and belief and, if your Contribution contains opinions, these are your own and genuinely and truly held by you; and that nothing in your Contribution will include an advertisement for your business or products; that nothing in the Contribution will infringe the copyright or any other right of any person, breach any contract or duty of confidence, be defamatory, obscene or sexually oriented, abusive, vulgar, offensive, indecent, harassing, threatening, breach anyone’s privacy or may constitute a contempt of court or break any applicable laws or be calculated to bring us or any other person into disrepute; and that all Contributions will comply with any additional Terms or requirements on the Site and you will at all times comply with the Terms. You also confirm that if you have posted a recipe, it is your own recipe and will not cause any harm to anyone.
3. Please note that we do not accept unsolicited materials or ideas for use in our programmes, on any website including the Site, publications, other media or businesses. We are not responsible for the similarity of any of our content or programming to any media or materials or ideas transmitted to the Site. Should you send any unsolicited materials or ideas, you do so with the understanding that no additional consideration of any sort will be provided to you, and that you are waiving any claim against us regarding the use of such materials and ideas, even if a material or an idea is substantially similar to the idea you submitted.
4. We do not, unless we agree this with you, claim any rights of ownership in your Contribution. As such, you retain all ownership rights and, although we will be able to use the Contribution as set out in these Terms, you will also have the right to use your Contribution in any way you choose. Where a Contribution is to be acquired this will be made clear on the Site and you will then be able to choose whether to provide a particular Contribution on that basis.
5. You grant to us (and third parties authorized by us) a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable license (for the full period of any rights in the Contribution) to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, make derivative works or podcasts from, edit, alter, store, re-format, sell and sub-license the Contribution. You agree that we (and third parties authorized by us) may make any and all Contributions available on the Site and may exploit such Contributions in any media, whether now known or invented in the future, which may include but is not limited to other internet sites, mobile, television, radio, podcasts, audio-visual content and publishing and that Contributions may be made available for advertising and/or sponsorship.
6. You grant us (and third parties authorized by us) the right to issue publicity concerning the Contribution and any material or service in which it may be included, and for such purpose to use and reproduce your name and photograph if we wish (where these have been provided to us) and your Contribution.
7. We do not guarantee to use or otherwise make available any Contribution. Any Contribution may be rejected by us and may be edited, moderated or deleted in our absolute discretion. We reserve the right not to accept any Contribution for any reason. All decisions are final and we will not enter into any discussions or correspondence about the reason for rejecting a Contribution.
8. We may, in appropriate circumstances, and in our sole discretion, remove or disable access to a Contribution that appears to infringe the copyright or other intellectual property or privacy rights of others, is defamatory, or is otherwise not suitable for any other reason. In relation to all reviews and comments posted on the Site, you consent to us editing such reviews to ensure compliance with the Terms.
9. We may retain other Contributions even if they are not published by us in any media. You agree, however, that we have no obligation to keep originals or copies of any Contribution or to return this to you or remove this from the Site.
10. Please contact us at Contact@rootsoffood.com with details of any Contribution you would like to be removed and we will try to remove this.
1. Although we may ask visitors to the Site to submit Contributions which must comply with the Terms, you acknowledge that Contributions supplied by others may include content which others may consider offensive or objectionable. We assume no responsibility or liability for such Contributions and, as the Contributions are created by others, it does not represent our views. You are solely responsible for your interaction with other visitors to the Site.
2. If you become aware of any misuse of the Site or wish to complain about any Contribution or material on the Site or believe any of your rights have been violated e.g. your copyright has been infringed, you have been defamed etc., you can email us at Contact@rootsoffood.com with the following information:
a. The nature of your complaint and the location within the Site which relates to the particular content or visitor.
b. For copyright disputes,identification of the copyrighted work you claim has been infringed and a statement that you have a good-faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law and that you are the owner of the copyright interest involved or are authorized to act on behalf of the owner.
c. Your name, address, telephone number and email address and such other information as we may reasonably request.
1. The names, images and logos identifying Amit Rabin, Roots of Food or third parties and any products and services are proprietary marks of these parties. Nothing in the Terms shall be construed as conferring to you any license or right under any intellectual property right of any of the above parties unless expressly stated otherwise.
3. Any products and services on the Site are subject to availability and are available at our sole discretion.
1. The Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Netherlands. Any disputes arising from the Site or these Terms are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the federal courts of the Netherlands.
2. We make no representation that content on the Site is appropriate or available for use at locations other than the Netherlands and access to content on the Site from territories where such content is illegal is strictly prohibited. If you access the Site outside of the Netherlands, you are responsible for compliance with all local laws.
3. If any of the Terms are held by any court of competent authority to be unlawful, invalid or unenforceable, in whole or in part, this will not affect the validity of the remaining Terms which will continue to be valid and enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law.
4. You agree to indemnify and keep indemnified us from and against all claims, damages, expenses, costs and liabilities (including legal fees) relating to or arising from your use and/or arising from any breach or suspected breach of the Terms by you or your violation of any law or the rights of any third party.
5. We can transfer our rights and obligations under these Terms to any company, firm or person provided this does not affect your rights under the Terms. You may not transfer or assign your rights or obligations under the Terms to anyone else.
6. Roots of Food is a Sole Trader registered at the Chamber of Commerce in the Netherlands under the number 61454427. You can email us at Contact@rootsoffood.com.
3. Personal information you are asked to supply during your use of the Site including that which you supply voluntarily as part of the registration process and any information relating to your Contributions (“Your Data”), will be used by us, as follows: (i) to administer our services (e.g. workshop invoicing etc.); (ii) where we chose to use any Contributions in any media; (iii) in making decisions about whether any Contributions you seek to upload or have uploaded onto the Site should be accepted, rejected or used; (iv) for marketing purposes where you have specifically agreed to this (see paragraph 8 below); and/or (v) as set out on the Site or the Terms. In addition, we may at our discretion disclose this information to the police, regulatory bodies or any legal advisers in connection with any alleged criminal offense or suspected breach of the Terms by you or otherwise where required by law.
4. You may be requested to take part in publicity and/or promotional activity and we reserve the right to use your name, image, comments and audio and/or visual recordings in such publicity.
5. The information collected on the Site includes:
a. Users’ Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, which are automatically logged by our web server. IP addresses are numbers that can uniquely identify a specific computer or other network device on the internet and are used by us to observe users’ interest in this Site (e.g. number of visits, etc); and
b. Information collected by cookies. Cookies are very small text files saved to your computer or other device and are used to track user navigation around a website. Session cookies are used to store information on which content, including advertisements, have been seen by a user and some areas of the Site use persistent cookies which are permanently stored on users’ computers. We use such cookies to identify unique users to the
Site. They are not cross-referenced with any other information such that an individual person could be identified. Cookies also allow us to make our Site more user-friendly.
c. The activity users are asked to provide the following information: E-mail address, first name, last name and telephone number.
7. Disabling/Enabling Cookies - users have the ability to accept or disable cookies by modifying the settings in their browser. Disabling cookies however may mean that some functionality of the Site may be affected.
8. There are opportunities on the Site where you may subscribe and/or opt-in to receive email communications alerting you to news, services, products and offers from us and/or news, services, offers and products of selected third parties. These emails will only ever come from us, even when they refer to third party news, services, offers and products. You may unsubscribe from these emails at any time by replying to the
email using the “unsubscribe” link where provided and/or following such instructions to unsubscribe as are provided at the relevant time.
10. If you are under 18 years old, please get your parent or guardian’s consent beforehand whenever you provide personal information on the Site.
11. We will hold Your Data and Contributions for as long as is necessary and reasonably required for the relevant service or purpose.
12. We endeavor to keep Your Data secure; however, we will not be responsible for any breach of security unless it is due to our negligence or willful default.
13. You have the right to access your information held by us and, where necessary, to have it amended. We may charge an administration fee of €10 and you will have to prove your identity. Please address any requests to Contact@rootsoffood.com.
14. This privacy statement may change at any time, so you may want to check back occasionally when you send us personal information.
Bookings and cancellations
1. The majority of the booking for Roots of Food’s Workshops, Lectures, Excursions and other activities (”Roots of Food Activity”) can be made on this website up to 48 hours before the time of the activity. If you wish to book an activity on less than 48 hours’ notice, please contact us for availability at Contact@rootsoffood.com.
2. If you need to cancel a Roots of Food Activity booking and wish to receive a refund, you must contact us for at Contact@rootsoffood.com at least 7 days before your Roots of Food Activity to cancel. We are sorry that we cannot refund or rebook any cancellations made online or in person after this time.
3. Lateness: please arrive 10 minutes before the scheduled start time of the activity. An accommodation of arrivals after the scheduled start time – might not be possible. We cannot refund or rebook any late arrivals.
By joining the Roots of Food Activity, you agree that:
1. You will follow all our hygiene and safety procedures. We recommend that you wear practical clothing.
2. You will arrive 10 minutes ahead of the scheduled start time of your lesson.
3. You will not attend if you have been ill or become ill in the 48 hours before your session with any communicable diseases e.g. colds and flu, diarrhea, vomiting, and other infections. This is to protect all our customers as these sorts of illnesses can be spread through food.
4. You may be refused admission if we suspect that you are under the influence of alcohol or any other substance, are ill with a communicable disease or that you are engaging in inappropriate behavior.
5. You will consume any alcohol offered responsibly.
6. You will follow all our instructions for the preparation of the meals, transportation, storage, heating and consumption of the activity’s meals.
7. You are responsible for the transportation and proper storage and heating of your activity’s meals.
8. You may be photographed and/or filmed during your Roots of Food Activity and that Roots of Food may use your name and any photographs and/or recordings featuring you, and may cut, edit and adapt the same as necessary, for use in the Roots of Food website, for promotional uses, by means of any and all media, worldwide and in perpetuity.
9. You release us from all claims, damages and causes of action or liabilities which may arise as a result of your preparation, storage and consumption of Roots of Food activity, except if solely due to our negligence.
10. Without exception, you will indemnify and hold us and our employees harmless from all responsibility for any loss of personal property whilst at the activity or for any injuries or damages you sustain or, or that anyone affiliated with or connected with you in any way may sustain, in connection with or resulting directly or indirectly from your preparation of the Roots of Food activity, save where such injuries or damages arise as a result of our negligence; and
11. Our liability to you shall not exceed the total price charged for any sessions/classes booked. Nothing in these terms and conditions excludes our liability to you for personal injury or death caused by our negligence. Children between the ages of 7 – 16 years of age may only attend ‘Children’ specific Roots of Food Activity. They must be able to reach and work at the height of a standard kitchen surface (90cm) to participate, as well as be supervised by an adult at all times. There MUST be 1 adult per 2 children, and the adult must supervise the children throughout the duration of the cookery session. All children aged 16 years and over are able to attend a regular Easy to Learn lessons, and must be supervised by an adult at all times. Alcohol will only be served to those of you over 18!
Food Allergies & Dietary Restrictions Ingredients may have been manufactured on shared equipment with wheat, dairy, eggs, nuts, fish, soya and shell fish and other allergens. Please contact us for help with any food allergies. You agree to take into account the dietary restrictions of anyone who may consume your Roots of Food Activity meals by leaving out any foods that may cause harm to the people who will be eating the food you prepare. If you have any special dietary restrictions of your own, please advice us up until 72 hours before the activity (through E-mail or Telephone) and we will do our best to adjust towards you, though we cannot promise a successful integration between your dietary restrictions and Roots of Food Activity menu, so it is upon your responsibility to confirm this.
You will receive a booking confirmation email as soon as you have made a Roots of Food Activity booking. Please keep it in a safe place as we may ask you for information from it in any correspondence. If you do not receive this email within 24 hours, please contact Contact@rootsoffood.com, so that we may confirm whether your booking has been placed successfully. Please note that this email does not constitute either a confirmation of the booking or order by us. Your contract with us to purchase the booking will not be completed until we send you an email notifying you that your booking have been successfully placed.
Promotions and offers
All offers and promotions are subject to availability and Roots of Food Activity reserves the right to cancel offers or promotions at any time.
Terms and Conditions
1. The minimum group size for Activity bookings are:
2. A minimum charge applies to all group bookings. So, if your group number falls below the minimum group size for the applicable activity, you will still be charged for the minimum number of participants applicable to the Roots of Food Activity.
3. Payment in full is required at the time of booking to reserve or hold your booking. Payment may be made via iDEAL, or by invoice.
4. Alterations to your booking:
If you reduce the number of participants, subject to the minimum group charge set out above, our refund policy is as follows:
a. If you give us more than 14 days notice prior to the date of the Activity booking, we will refund 100% of the payment in respect to the participants that are no longer attending;
b. If you give us less than 14 days notice, but more than 72 hours notice to the booking time, we will refund 50% of your payment in respect of the participants that are no longer attending;
c. If you give us less than 72 hours notice we are unfortunately unable to offer any refunds.
Final numbers for your session must be confirmed no later than 72 hours prior to the start time of the Activity in order to give us enough time to pre-order the necessary ingredients. If you would like to increase the number of participants after this time, please call us to discuss and we will do the best to accommodate you.
5. Full cancellation: In the event that you cancel your booking in full, our refund policy is as follows:
a. If you give us more than 14 days notice prior to the Activity booking, we will refund 100% of your payment;
b. If you give us less than 14 days notice but more than 72 hours notice prior to the booking time, we will refund you 50% of your
c. If you give us less than 72 hours notice we are unable to offer any refunds.
6. We reserve the right, at our absolute discretion, to remove any participant whose behavior is disruptive or inappropriate or that we suspect is under the influence of alcohol or any other substance. You, as the booking organizer shall be held responsible for any loss of, or damage to our property caused by group participants.
7. These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of the Netherlands.
9. Please note, for children (7-16) activities, there must be 1 adult per 2 children, and each adult must stay to supervise for the duration of the group booking.
10. We recommend each participant attends the workshop wearing enclosed shoes and practical clothing.
1. In accessing the Site (which shall include www.rootsoffood.com and ), you agree to do so only for your own personal, non-commercial use and in accordance with these Terms.
2. The Site is owned and operated by Roots of Food on behalf of Amit Rabin. Roots of Food is a Sole Trader registered at the Chamber of Commerce in the Netherlands under the number 61454427. Please read the following disclosures, notices, disclaimers and terms and conditions prior to utilizing this web site. If you do not accept such disclosures, notices and disclaimers, or if you do not agree to these terms and conditions, do not access this web site. Roots of Food may revise the following disclosures, notices, disclaimers and terms and conditions without notice by updating this web page. By accessing this web site, each user agrees to accept such disclosures, notices and disclaimers and to be bound by such terms and conditions, and each user agrees to revisit this web page from time to time to determine the then-current provisions hereof.
1. Materials and content on this web site are intended to be viewed by customers, prospective customers and members of the general public. Use of such materials and content is limited to evaluation of the technologies and products described on this web site for purposes of considering the purchase of services of Roots of Food. No license is granted or intended with respect to use of any of the content or materials on this web site by any user or any third party.
2. By accessing the materials and content on this web site, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set forth herein and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including without limitation the Netherlands laws and regulations.
1.1. The materials and content on this website are provided “As is” without any warranties of any kind. Roots of Food specifically disclaims any express, implied or statutory warranties, including any warranty of merchantability, fitness for purpose, non-infringement or other violation of rights. The information provided on this web site carries no express or implied warranties as to accuracy, timeliness or appropriateness for a particular
purpose. Roots of Food, is not responsible for any errors or omissions contained in this website or any lost profits, loss of business or business interruption, loss or corruption of software or data or other damages that may be caused directly or indirectly by any use of the materials and content on this website, and Roots of Food shall have no liability for any damages associated with any user’s reliance on information provided on this website, even if Roots of Food is expressly advised of the possibility of such damages. In no event shall Roots of Food be liable to any user of this website or any third party for any indirect, special, incidental, consequential or punitive damages arising in contract, tort or otherwise. Roots of Food also shall have no liability for any material contained in any website that may be reached by any user from any link contained in this website. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, or limitation on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply.
2. Roots of Food reserves the right to revise or withdraw any or all of the materials and content on this web site without notice.